Tuesday 6 May 2008

Yard Sale Spectacular

I only made 62$, minus the ad and food.

I got a sunburn ON MY FACE even though it was only 55 degrees out? It was early and I forgot to put on face lotion w/ sunscreen as my usual routine dictates + I am pregnant = really bad sunburn. Don't worry, I've tried to photoshop this to you can't blow it up (Aunt Bee.....) to see every little maimed pore. My freckles are coming back though!We cleared out at least 10 x 10 x 4 ft of space. Whoo hoo! This was the spare room of DOOM. I think I will paint it a pale shade of pink. Maybe hand paint roses here and there. Ideas welcome. Those of you local mamas.....this is that closed off bedroom that had boxes stacked 6 ft high.I spent two days with LifeDreamed and her beautiful family, chomping on veggies and trail mix, sharing good conversation, and exchanging pregnancy sympathy with alternating (read numerous) "potty breaks". Lil'Bug and K. are complete opposites and yet were fast friends. On Friday they played together for almost 10 hours and only wearied at the very end (ok, and when they got hungry in the middle).We had a seriously good time. I am so grateful to have this friend in my life right now. I may have made more moolah at garage sales past, but this one by far was the best.

5 comments:

  1. We had a blast, too. And, I very much appreciated the company out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh you've inspired me!

    I've been thinking about doing a garage sale for awhile now and next weekend may just be the lucky day! haha....

    I've got an entire garage-and I do mean entire garage (3 car one at that) FULL of boxes and crap NO ONE has touched in over 3 years....THREE years!!

    Yeah, time for it to go....Garage sales are a tremendous amount of work...I can't believe you managed one while at 36 weeks? You have some crazy woman power right there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I have a garage sale coming up. But nobody ever shows up in our cul-de-sac. It sucks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried to stop by but left the addy at home...so bummed:(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Feeling your pain! Just getting ready for a garage sale myself. I have one, ok maybe two if I'm honest, of those rooms that are stacked high with junk which I have to keep the door shut. AGHHHH! Hopefully, the garage sale will allow me to open those doors to the light of day once again. ;)

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.