Sunday 18 May 2008

What I did on Saturday with My Family.....

Sorry, it is a disappointment.

We got up. I started having contractions. This was unusual to happen in the morning. Dare I hope? Went to music class. Lil'Bug did not get along with the substitute teacher and long story short, we left early.

And.....headed to the farmer's market! Whoo Hoo! Fresh strawberries and apples and almost the balance of our tomato plant needs. More contractions? Hmmmm.

Noon. Lil'Bug and I head to Nana's house. Nana takes me to have my toes and nails done. Chair massage too. Fumes make me woozy, but more contractions!

We head back to Nana's house and take Great Grandma swimming. Fun stuff. Lil'Bug is a fish in water. We splash and play for 30 minutes or so. More contractions. Dare I start to time them?

After we stay the afternoon at Nana's watching movies and I lay down. Contractions get so bad I call Dearest home from band practice early. They are 3 minutes apart at that point.

We get excited. Dearest packs the car. Lil'Bug stays at Nana and Pawpaw's house for a sleepover., while we go home to "labor". There is no way I am going in early to the hospital.

2-3 minutes apart. All night long. I sleep a little. Around 2 AM I ask Dearest to get up with me and watch Pirates of the Caribbean. He states that if I don't produce a baby soon I will own him big time for getting up in the middle of the night to watch a Johnny Depp pirate zombie movie. Whatever. I get excited. I bounce around on the labor ball for a while, lay on the couch, send some emails, eat, watch Johnny Depp exchange clever dialogue with Orlando Bloom.

Around 4 AM I fall asleep again. Contractions still 2-3 minutes apart. Stronger still.

Wake up around 7. Contractions only when I change position? We eat and putter around and go for a walk at the park. They pick up again, very strong. Lots of pressure. We head to the hospital! Did we wait long enough? Will I be at an eight cm, or deliver in the lobby?

Yeah. No.

Zero. I am dilated at zero. ????

We head to Nana's to get Lil'Bug and then home. I sleep for 5 hours. Contractions just about gone, when they do sneak up, not so strong.

No baby yet. I cry a little. I was right. Fake Out Labor kicked up a notch, and weeks left to endure.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds hopeful....did this happen with Lil'Bug?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sort of. With Lil'Bug we didn't wait to go to the hospital. We went right in after 2 hours of contractions and were sent home. Then 3 weeks later my water broke, not regular contractions, little dilation, and ended up with a C-section.

    Still. This time I am healthier and know more. Things just take the time they take.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah you're right. I hope it won't be three weeks though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh! Well, they all come in due time, although these days doctors are so quick to induce. I know you emailed in the one group your dr's name but I forget...and aren't you from the area I'll be living near? That park day sounds like fun...is that going to be near me at all? Questions, questions...sorry;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not a disappointment, just a little excitement. Glad to know you're still healthy and strong. I know you're uncomfortable but try to enjoy these last couple of weeks. Babies easier to take care of while they're still inside.

    Meditate, swim and cherish these last moments alone with Li'l Bug.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe we can get together and commiserate bad timing and pregnancy woes soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so disappointing! Hopefully she will arrive soon though :o)

    My little stinker just turned breech this weekend. grrr...

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.