Tuesday 20 May 2008

12 years ago almost exactly......

I graduated from high school 12 years ago. That was a tough year for many reasons, but one of the highlights was this particular day. I quickly tossed the gown and cap and headed out to Dearest Husband's house. We went to a friend's graduation party instead of to my own. It was the first time I ever met my future in-laws.

My husband just happened to have parked in their garage, a 1971 Super Beetle. His was white, beautiful interior, pristine exterior, and had a working radio. My car was an orange 1971 Super Beetle and nothing worked very well but the brakes! At more than one point I had to duct tape the AXEL. Think about that. My car always smelled like gasoline BUT got really good gas mileage. The first conversation I ever had with my future FIL was about the two cars.

It does seem strange to me now thinking about that day. I never would have guessed that I'd be spending holidays at that house with that family from that year on. Dearest and I began spending a lot of time together after that day. That said, I am going to continue on with Evie's love story challenge this week! (BTW, Aunt Bee provided me with these pictures, making it all possible! Thank you Aunt Bee!)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, you drove a bug!! I am so jealous. The one thing I always wanted... you know... being German and all... and I never did. SO NOT FAIR!!

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.