Monday 26 May 2008

Storms

We are fine here. Many concerned friends and relatives wanted to know this morning how we fared the storms. Parkersburg, where the mile wide tornado killed 7 people, is about an hour NE of where we live. We know homeschooler families up that way and are awaiting word from them that they are ok.

We had violent wind, lots of lightning and thunder, and rain, but that's it for here. Our house shook. That only happens in a handful of storms every year.

Lil'Bug slept right on through it. I had contractions every 4 minutes for a while (so I did not sleep) but then they eased off and I slept in bits, only waking every 30 minutes or so. I dreamed of contractions, so I thought I was awake ALL night. I also dreamed of the skies over my aunts home in Colorado when storms would roll through there, the wall clouds on the horizon, the greenish tinge, the way the air crackled.

This morning the sun is shining and I'm only writhing and screaming every 7.5 minutes. I'm getting the hang of it. I feel more rested today, but still moving slowly. Eating small meals, puttering around again. We have a Dr. appointment on Tuesday with an ultrasound, so either I'll make it until then or I won't. Right now we are all about reaching those small milestones.

My poor Dearest. I am getting more sleep than he is and he is outside right now doing yard work. He's been re-reading all our labour books, cooking all the meals, chasing Lil'Bug and a million other things that I normally help with or do.

4 comments:

  1. Writhe and scream as much as you need to and hopefully by your appt. tomorrow you'll be dilating!!! Chad sounds great.....good luck to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Checking in from the Oregon Coast- just read the last several posts. You are doing so well! Very proud of you here. Hang in there and know you are loved. You will have your little June Bug in your arms soon and it will all seem so very worth it.
    Hugs,
    LB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that little human being is already testing you. ;) Ooohmmmm to you and Dearest and Lil Bug. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy that you made it through the storms in one piece and safe. :) I'll be thinking of you today as you head for your appointment. Soon... very soon... another li'l one to fill your arms and give Li'l Bug a buddy.

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.