Saturday 24 May 2008

Progress? Sigh.

Progress is an interesting word. We made progress today, but not in the usual use of the word when referring to labor.

My water did not, in fact, break. It was a gushy fluid but not amniotic. We finally called the Dr. in the afternoon and she wanted us to come in and get checked, I bristled because she didn't even ask about contractions and simply wanted me to labor NOT at home since I am VBAC.

So we met with our Doula first and then went in. My plug is gone, possible that was part of the fluid that trickled, and my cervix is not dilated but starting to get ready to. The exam was painful. I am tired. The Dr. wanted to observe my contractions but ultimately let us go home.

Did I mention I am tired? Prodromal labour sucks. On the other hand, it is a blessing that my water did not actually break or I'd be under the knife right now.

That said, I am going to rest now.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, man.....I'm so sorry. June Bug sounds like she wants to be true to her name. You can't blame her, May Bug just isn't the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear... I thought for sure you were holding your little bundle of joy by now... Sending good vibes and some real labor your way. :)
    Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, that was the wrong profile. I don't even have that blog anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are praying for you!

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.