Monday 5 May 2008

Baby Update, Almost 36 Weeks

Almost, but not quite. I will meet with the Doctors tomorrow, as anticipated. I have a couple questions in mind, mostly about the Braxton Hicks contractions that settle in around 2:30 pm everyday and last through dinner. Around 6 per hour. Doesn't seem to matter if I am active or not, how much water I drink, what position I am in. Everyday. Done by bedtime. I can't find anything about this online, just that BH are normal. I didn't have anything like this with Lil'Bug.

I am guessing it's a good thing anyway since a baby hasn't fallen out yet. :) I might just skip asking until I see the midwife next week. Depends on how comfortable I feel with the Doc.

I am huge, BTW. Now every time I go out someone asks if I am having twins, due yesterday, or carrying a big boy. When I say due in June, one little girl, the reply is anything from, "Right...." to "You know, docs can get it wrong, you may have twin boys in there...." Ugh. Why does pregnancy invite strangers to comment on my reproductive organs anyway? Or my weight. I know I am huge. HUGE, but that doesn't make it ok to guess my poundage. Or comment on my butt, thighs, or lack of neck (which I think is weird, since I still have a chin line). Anyway, it makes me not want to go out.

Also, I have a question for anyone who'll take it up:
What, if anything, did you take to the hospital that you ended up using? Last time we packed tons of things and used very few. So far I have PJ's, robe, socks with treads, baby outfit, de-tangler, comb, hair ties, receiving blanket, underwear, camera. That's it. Oh, and the outfit I wear there, I'll wear home. I feel like I am missing something......

7 comments:

  1. Music, because I don't watch TV and it helped me relax.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I brought a favorite book and some snacks I liked to eat because the hospital never had much that was good to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Depends on how long you plan to be there, but maybe something new for Li'l Bug to discover -- or a gift from the baby to Li'l Bug. Something that will excite her and maybe occupy her a bit if she has to hang out in the hospital for more than a few minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What excellent ideas! I will pack my ipod and a paperback and a present for Lil'Bug. Hmmmm. Now to figure that one out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I only have one child but I think Zazomo's advice is right. No matter how excited Lil Bug is she'll probably need something to help her feel special (and occupied).

    ReplyDelete
  6. snacks, gatorade to keep up my energy and keep me hydrated all at the same time, lip balm, and my own toiletries. didn't use much else. Wore the same clothes home that I wore there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I brought my own pillow as the ones in the hospital felt like rubber. Snacks too, since the food was yucky. I brought my baby's scrapbook to have people sign when they visited and when I got bored I journaled in it.

    Sarah
    Also, you just look pregnant- not huge at all! Some people are just so rude!

    www.sarahsgnature.com/blog

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.