Wednesday 21 May 2008

Ah, the memories....

I had to pay for my own Senior Pictures. That was fine with me since it meant that I would have creative control. I think my family assumed (they didn't know me very well) that I would go to one of those traditional photo places and spend hundreds of dollars and pose and look normal.

Right. No. I was following my own drummer by that point. (Which is funny, since Dearest Husband is in fact a drummer.......)

A good friend of mine offered to take the pictures and liked my ideas for settings. He had a couple of his own to add to the portfolio as well. Some worked out, some didn't. There was a neat one by the blood bank sign, another on an Interstate bridge, and several in a historic cemetery. This one is by a train that is/was? parked downtown. They were taken just after an April snowstorm, so yes, I was freezing!

This, a scanned in wallet size photo, is the only picture that survived. Even the negatives were destroyed by a very unhappy family member. A shame really. Aunt Bee hid it away and held on to it. She at least liked it! :)

You know what? I love this photo and all it represents.

2 comments:

  1. I love it too! In fact I think it's probably the best senior picture I've ever seen. Wish I'd had your spunk when I was that age........very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful picture. Wish I could have gotten to see the other ones.

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.