Sunday 11 May 2008

Meme Time!

Ten Years Ago what were you doing, Mama P?

We were buying and moving into our first house. There were tornadoes through May and June. I was a nanny and a freshman in college. Just after we moved in, Dearest proposed to me. The following January we were married. That spring was magical despite the storms.

Five Things on Today’s “To Do” List

Bathe Lil'Bug

Battle tangles in her hair

Make lasagnas for the freezer

Sunday dinner with family

Work on summer syllabus (oops, forgot until just now!)

If I were a Billionaire

I'd no doubt have to get a lawyer, first. Much of my world is litigious. Then I'd pay the balance of my student loans, but then I wouldn't be a billionaire anymore! Just kidding, sort of.

I'd love to have thousands of wilderness acres and that farm life we've dreamed of.

I'd figure out some good things to do. The interest alone would fund several endeavours. In practice though I don't like most non-profit groups. More money goes to paying people to beg for more salary money (fundraising) than to do the actual program. Operating costs are often overblown. Just saying.

Three Bad Habits

Trusting the people to the point of getting taken advantage of, then not trusting enough, and oscillating between the two extremes.

Not saying thank you often enough.

I'm a sentimental packrat.


Five Places I’ve Lived

Greeley, Co

Deertrail, Co

Kankakee, Il

Jennings, La

Des Moines, Ia


Five Jobs I’ve Had

- Nanny
- Bookseller
- Credit Card Customer Service (thing learned: mostly, furniture salespeople in NJ are not to be trusted).
- Museum Curator/ Site Manager (re: underpaid secretary/bookkeeper who had to wear a 1900's costume when people visited the site)
- College Professor

You know, I wouldn't trade any of those jobs for the precious one I am entrusted to now.

Tag - you’re it!

1 comment:

  1. Great! I had no idea what to post for tomorrow so I'm tagged. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.