Thursday 15 May 2008

Friends

You know those Hallmark commercials that can move certain people at certain times to tearful sobbing masses (ice cream in hand.....)?

I had a real life moment. Actually a series of them over the past week.

It started with a freak out from me over the Cardiologist appointment and not being ready for the new baby, then.......

My Dearest has been his sweet and wonderful self, but more so because he took extra time off work to help out around the house with stupid chores he hates, take us to various medical appointments and then ice cream, and bring me anything I want anytime with no complaint. No, not fried pickles with chocolate, but still. He's made an extra effort to reassure me and ask what I need to feel better/more ready.

Friends. You know, I think I am just about over the whole, "former friend really sucked and now I'm lonely forever, waaaaaaa," thing. This past week friends both local and online have really been awesome. Phone calls, emails, and comments all at the right time saying the right things. Seriously, I really needed all the love.

This morning a friend emailed and offered to drive us to the park day (the one I was afraid we'd miss because I can't drive); it occurred to her that we can't drive right now, so she offered! It was amazingly sweet and perfectly timed. This park day is special too, it's an annual dress up in the park and play in the flowers day.

And my sweet daughters. Lil'Bug has been singing and talking to June Bug. Today she told her, as her big sister so she should listen up, it is time to come out. Sweetie, I wish it was that simple.

2 comments:

  1. Oh poor Lil'Bug. Don't tell her but I had two older sisters and I don't think I EVER did anything they told me! :)

    I'm so glad you're feeling supported, what a great husband you have! You're in my thoughts, have fun playing in the flowers!
    *********************************
    As for your sucky friend comment here is a Rumi quote from Ruth's blog today:

    "Some human beings are safe havens.
    Be companions with them.
    Others may seem to be friends,
    but they are really consuming your essence like donkeys lapping sherbet. Detach from them"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are feeling more supported, and that your Dearest is really stepping up to the plate- what a good guy he is!
    I tell ya Mama P- I have wished I had your phone number a few times lately- just to offer encouragement. Hang in there- you are doing so well, and it isn't long now.
    Sending hugs to all four of you,
    LB

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.