Thursday 14 February 2008

Thursdays

Today Lil'Bug got up way too early.

I had to drag myself out of bed and follow her downstairs to relieve daddy in time to get ready for work. I still feel run over. Lil'Bug is so full of energy it is spewing out of her ears.

And so the day started. I did the rounds, made the beds, unloaded the dishwasher, reloaded the dishwasher, and went to change loads of laundry only to find that overnight they had mildewed? Huh? I thought that only happened in the summer time! Gah. So now I am rewashing instead of folding and I feel totally off track.

I have papers to grade that will get done today. Today is IHE's new library day and we wouldn't go but for that I left my only pair of scissors at craft day and I NEED them back ASAP. I hate our downtown library and that's where it is at. It is also swim day. If we opted out of swim day we could go to game day. Why is Thursday so popular for group activities with homeschoolers? Swim day is what Lil'Bug has her heart set on so that is the direction we will head after library visit BUT it means we have to pack a lunch and find a place to eat it before swimming.

Bright side is that now, except for the two loads of laundry pending, the house is tidied up and dinner is a simple 20 minute deal. Tonight we shall make cards and I shall finish up the grading for the week. Sometimes busy days get more done in less time. Now, off to pack a lunch.

3 comments:

  1. My laundry smells gross after sitting in there for only a few hours. It's worse in the summer, but has been known to do it during other times too. I really think it has something to do with the water - mineral content? bacteria? chemicals? I dunno, but it seems worse some days than others, and I know that chemical/ mineral/ whatever levels change all the time at the water treatment plant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I add a little bit of vinegar with my detergent. The smell is usually caused by not getting all the soap rinsed out during the rinsh cycle. The vinegar helps with this problem and gets rid of odor. Even in the summer, if I forget to switch the laundry it still smells fresh a day later. Also, if I don't add vinegar and forget to switch it all it takes is adding vinegar to the washing machine and then running the machine through a short 2nd rinse cycle and you're good as new. It takes less water and less time then re-washing everything.

    By the way, I hate going to the downtown library, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you find your scissors? It took me a while to figure out your mailbox.

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.