Friday 1 February 2008

Memes coming out of my ears.......

I've been tagged for three (three times, though) separate memes. No joke. Here they are!

Laura at LifeDreamed and HK at MiniMemoirs:

(1) Link to the person that tagged you.

(2) Post the rules on your blog.

(3) Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.

(4) Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.

(5) Let each random person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their site.

1) I hate going to the dentist but not for normal reasons: the hygenist creeps me out every time by asking me questions about my husband. Like shoe and shirt size. Maybe it's just me, but I think that is weird.
2) I like to eat my amazing raspberry jam on ciabatta rolls- with pastrami. Yes, I know what pastrami is and no, it's not a pregnancy thing. I like fruit with meat.
3) I had purple hair when I married my husband. As soon as it is safe to (as in dyes harm babies in utero) I will again have purple hair. I mean, I teach online now!
4) I once had a nose ring, but I had to let the hole close because of an infection caused by almost frostbite. I still harbor resentment because I was driving home a drunk kid in his car in a blizzard and his stupid car (and the blizzard) had no heat or windows. I did the noble thing and was almost disfigured. Bah. Scar tissue makes it so it can't be redone. Again, bah. Also, exposed piercings in Iowa winters should switch to plastic studs, for those of you tempted.
5) I still own the brass unicorn I got for my 6th birthday. I also still remember the basic script of every fantasy I had of it being a magical item that would whisk me away to be a princess in a safe kingdom.
6) I don't sort spoons and forks. I had custom inserts put into my drawers for the sorting and yet I don't, I just pile them in. If you visit me, you can gaze upon the awesomeness of my organization skills if you need a spoon.... BUT they all match and so do my dishes (each other, that is).

I tag
and.......

Needleroozer: who tagged me for this one.......

1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).

2. Open the book to page 123.

3. Find the fifth sentence.

4. Post the next three sentences.

5. Tag five people.

Everything's An Argument with Readings, 4th edition. My Comp II textbook. Not very interesting to read, but I'm grading papers all this week and it was the closest book to me.

Different universities have resolved similar conflicts in different ways. Some have enacted coded to protect their communities from forms of speech that are deemed to be insensitive to the feelings of other groups. Some have refused to impose such restrictions.

From an essay by Derek Bok about hate speech and vandalism at Harvard in 1991.

I tag Life dreamed, Mini Memoirs, MamaB, Wheelchair Mama, and Zamozo.

*Edited to add: Seriously, a meme I missed. Geeze. :)


Here are the rules:
1. You must post the rules before you give your answers.
2. List one fact about yourself beginning with each letter of your middle name. (If you don't have a middle name, use your maiden name).
3. At the end of your blog post, you need to tag one person for each letter of your middle name. (Be sure to leave them a comment telling them they've been tagged and that they need to read your blog for details).

I've done this one before, but things change, so here goes.
  • T: Talkative. I need to work on being a better listener.
  • H: Happy. Very happy. Thus far, the whole release thing is working for me in ways beyond what I expected. It takes quite a bit of work to let the angry eyebrows flutter away.
  • E: Expecting. Ha. That was easy.
  • R: Reader. I love to read. I get intensly wrapped up in a book until I finish it.
  • E: Eats everything. I am so hungry all the time now, even after I have eaten.
  • S: Sore throat. All this week. Does not go well with talkative. Perhaps it will help me be a better listener?
  • A: Still an APPLE lover. Yum.

3 comments:

  1. At least you tagged me with one that's already on my to-do list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took out my nosering when I had a grabby baby, and then the hole closed before I got around to putting it back in. I had also convinced myself that Moms don't have things like that. I'm seriously considering getting one again now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah!!! I just noticed that you tagged me! I will try and get to it tomorrow, otherwise I don't know when I'll do it.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.