Thursday 14 February 2008

Thursdays Part 2

We missed library day. There was a setback with making lunch and it was ruined so I had to make something else and by that time, we missed the library thing. So of to swimming we went. It had been a while and I forgot what a joyful swimmer Lil'Bug is. She did her "dangerous" tricks and dove to the bottom of the pool and back. She practiced swimming to the side and back, about 12 feet. Laughing and singing the whole time. We pretty much had the pool to ourselves until 1:30 when a mass of homeschool families descended in, or rather the kids did since the moms were outside in the lobby watching through the glass wall.

After swimming and to allow time to dry off, we checked out the new kid gym. It has kid sized and safe workout equipment. Funny thing is, since I am only 4'10" (ish), regular equipment has always been a pain for me to use. This set was perfect. I showed Lil'Bug how to use each one and then we exercised together. Very cool.

She fell asleep on the way home but woke up soon after. All I wanted was a spinach salad but my spinach is missing. I know we bought some at the store last Saturday and I haven't used the new one yet, but I cannot find it anywhere. So I made my salad with Belgium Endive. It was a bit like iceberg in flavor, which to me is unappealing, but served up ok in this pinch. I used bacon, apples, Parmesan, and Caesar dressing. Pretty simple, but not as yummy as my spinach salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.