Wednesday 27 February 2008

Baby Update- Bye Bye Belly Button

26 weeks and my belly button is getting tiny (that's what Lil'Bug says). I can't see it. I realized that all of the mirrors in our home show only chest and head. Ha. Anyway, it's gone! Whoo hoo a milestone!

Also, I am working hard at training for birth. Yoga, stretching, kegels, squatting. I only do about 20-60 minutes a day but boy am I sore. That means to me that I need the exercises.

This week I am craving Oreos. Yuck. I am not giving in. Ok, I did a little and had an Oreo ice cream sandwich and it made me feel really sick. What I learned from Lil'Bug's pregnancy was to figure out what about the food I was craving and find a healthier medium. So fried pies became egg rolls because I wanted the fried crispy part. What about Oreos can be translated into healthy? Yeah, beats me.

Tomorrow I am making egg rolls from the cabbage I grew last summer and froze. Yum. I'll post the recipe. I make them with ground pork and curry. Delicious. (But not Oreos......) I am thinking about adding spinach. Has anyone ever made eggrolls with the spinach AND cabbage?

4 comments:

  1. Maybe it's the calming comfort of chocolate? Don't they make an Oreo flavor pudding now? That's gotta be healthier than actual Oreos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You poor thing! I've just been craving Subway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why don't you get some organic oreos? Back To Nature makes some as does Paul Newman. At least they'll be missing all the funky chemicals that are in regular oreos.

    Now I want some! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Egg rolls, yum. That is what brought me here today, I know your egg roll recipe is on here somewhere...
    :-)

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.