Monday 25 February 2008

And we're back.....

I took a blogging break this weekend. I was tired, had a headache, and nothing to say that was nice. Yes, nothing.

It started with a playdate that took a sour turn on Friday (Lil'Bug has discovered the amazing hurtful power of name calling) and the weekend went into a downward spiral from there. I maintained my "gentle" well into Saturday but then I was too tired and started yelling and crying too.

Sunday morning my dearest let me sleep in and played with kid ALL morning. That was so awesome. We recovered nicely and this week has started out lovely. My sister surprised us with a lunch treat to a gaming place that is like Chuck E Cheeses without the scary animatronics. Lil'Bug is surprisingly accurate with the water sniper game. No, really. I mean, she's 3! As a young girl I had good target accuracy too, but not until at least 6 or 7.

So then we came home and dearest headed off to band practice. Lil'Bug and I watched a movie (The Last Mimsy), she took a bath, and after she helped me get a ham roast in the oven. Delightful.

She confided in me that she is really worried about being a big sister. She is worried that I won't come help with her nightmares anymore and that she'll have to give up her toys. I reassured her, I think.

Anyway, I'll post the photo challenge and some stuff in a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.