Tuesday 26 February 2008

Dinner A La Complication

Things that went wrong today with getting dinner ready.......

Lil'Bug was upset that we ran out of yellow apples. She cried. What does that have to do with dinner? She left the fridge door open and I didn't notice for an hour or so. Dinner must be made with food that would otherwise spoil. Hmmmm.

Made Lazy French Bread from scratch. Simple enough recipe but......drumroll please.....after a perfect rise and punch down and rise I went to preheat the oven and it wouldn't. (sigh) Dearest walks in and tries to save the day. It took all three of us to figure it out and fix it. That was neat. Someone had knocked into the dial and a wire thing came unplugged. Plugged back in and everything is awesome. Except.....the bread is starting to fall? Yikes. Hopefully it will be ok.

Lil'Bug decided to mop the kitchen floor with dish soap. Super slippery. Good thing my balance is awesome with giant kitchen knife. No fatalities or injuries, but close. Too close. Sitting down now. There is still a wee bit of numbness in me limbs from the panic. (Say that like an Irish marm for the full affect....)

So recipe for tonight's soup?
Leftover ham roast boiled until it fell apart and made a good stock.
1 bag of frozen Italian Blend veggies
Leftover potatoes
1 cup of Parmesan cheese, grated
1 cup of cream

Served with bread. Bread that was too dough-y and was missing something in the instructions, I think. Surely it can't be my mad kitchen skillz.

2 comments:

  1. Slips with knives are scary! I slipped and hit my finger tip last week while trying to slice carrot sticks. I'm *still* wincing when I think about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's too bad about the bread. I've made it several times with success. Perhaps you would have better luck with the original Vegan Food recipe from which I adapted mine; it won't be as fast, but perhaps more to your liking. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.