Thursday 21 February 2008

Tagged by CenterDownHome

If I were ...

... an ice cream flavor, I'd be Apple Mint. I read about Apple Mint ice cream in Redwall. They make it with mint leaves and real apples and real cream. I would love to get the Kitchenaid ice cream bowl for my mixer and then try this out. It sounds creamy, fresh, and yummy. Most people would crinkle their noses at it for its weirdness. Yup, that's me.

... a fried food, I'd be a Natchitoches Meat Pie. Never heard of it? I hadn't either until our honeymoon in New Orleans. It's a pastry crust filled with spiced ground meat (pork and beef), red and green peppers, onions, and stuff- then deep fried. Cajun, filling, and suprisingly compact.

... an extreme sport I'd be a house painter on a three story Victorian house in tornado season in Iowa. Yup. Done that. Doubt it is a sport? Try it and then get back to me. In fact, the season's coming up and I have extra paint brushes....

... a retail store, I'd be an antique and oddities store. Does that count? I could spend hours wandering the isles of places like that.

... a vegetable I'd be a kohlrabi. These little veggies are hardy, will grow almost anywhere, and look like they are from Mars. Yup, that's me!

... a fruit, I'd be a raspberry, still warm from the sunshine and wet from the morning dew. Not over ripe, just a little tart, and full of seeds.

... a building, I'd be an old historic stone church with twisting spires and hidden alcoves. I'm still exploring all of my own mysteries, faith, and beauty.

... car, I'd be a 1971 VW Super Beetle. Parts of the axle duct taped, high maintenance, good gas mileage, and really fun to drive.

Not tagging anyone, but I'd love to know some of these things about all of you!

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I love your list, Mama Podkayne. :) Ah, "Redwall" -- my boys used to love to try to duplicate recipes from the Redwall feasts. What was that hot soup the Otters used to love? Umm ... hotroot soup, that was it! Our version was more like shrimp-noodle soup, but they loved it anyway.

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.