Monday 4 February 2008

Busy-ness and Return of The Evil Sniffles

This weekend we had two birthday parties to attend, plus Dear Husband's band practice was moved to Saturday to accommodate Super Bowl Sunday. Oh, and all the times were the same. Gah. I worked out a plan so all could happen and we set to our day. At noon, the first call came in, party #1: birthday child is very sick, party will be rescheduled. Call number 2, birthday party #2: family member died, party rescheduled for Sunday. THEN Dear Husband became really ill and canceled going to band practice. Suddenly our super busy Saturday became a relaxed family day. Lil'Bug, not happy about another day of disappointing cancelations, asks to go to Grampa's house.

We did the kid exchange at the grocery store, took care of the week's shopping and picked up Pirates of the Caribean 2&3. Lovely. Except that Dear Husband was really sick, so I had to load and mostly unload/put away groceries (he did carry them from the truck to the front of the house for me). He said I could blog that because once I typed Johnny Depp pirate movies, no one would remember that he put his pregnant wife on grocery detail in the ice and bitter wind. Perhaps. He was really sick and I am not an invalid, just pregnant. He's still really sick. I get to kick back next to a steaming hot radiator with a nice cup of tea and blog while he had to shovel the walks and go to work across town.

Lil'Bug is sick again. Just when we thought she was over it, the same crud came back, complete with the red face rash and evil snots.

I'm posting the photo challenge right now. Then I'll go make butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.