Monday 4 February 2008

Odd Bits

Questions:
My crockpot manual says it has a programmable cooking setting for up to 26 hours. HOURS? What on earth would you need to cook for that long? Shoe leather?

Do you buy that the groundhog said late winter? (says she who is awaiting 6 inches of snow tomorrow afternoon......) Come on, Winter started like 2 months early! Surely that means early Spring, right?

What kinds of things would you suggest to help hand eye motor skills? (Lil'Bug is frustrated she cannot draw the pictures in her head or operate a keyboard mouse with accuracy....is this the excuse we needed to get a Wii? I know, she's only 3, but she's frustrated!)

10 comments:

  1. My 3 year old became very good with the mouse by me playing Jigzone.com puzzles with him and then I Spy Fantasy or Spooky Mansion on RealArcade. He loves them both and so do I!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patience. And a Wii couldn't hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had a programmable crockpot - you can program it ahead of time to turn on at 3 am for example so you have hot oatmeal waiting for you when you get up. Or to turn off at 3 pm so you don't burn your dinner. But shoe leather in the crockpot would be interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's a bit of love waiting for you at OLM if you'd care to pick it up.
    xo
    Steph
    (Ha! Evie got to you first las time, and even after I gave you a pretend award! Now I can make up for it...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 26 hours? Holy cow, I have no idea what would take that long. Maybe beef jerky? Poor Lil' Bug that can be so frustrating, I think a Wii would be a great idea! I know that Ronin's hand eye coordination improved enormously when he started playing video games.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Someone IRL suggest Irish food may take that long. Still looking into it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmmm - some bread takes that long to rise - could you let bread rise in a crockpot then bake it there?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a good idea! I'm looking it up. Ciabatta takes that long to rise and it is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a funny feeling your husband thinks that is a bad idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nah. If he thought it was a bad idea, he'd post here WITH HIS BLOGGER SIGNATURE! ;)

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.