Sunday 16 March 2008

Yeah, What She Said

"Lil'Bug, why do you take so long to eat your food?" (She doesn't start eating until everyone else is finished and ready to clear the table......)

"Well, actually, my teeth are little. Your teeth are big," she looks at us like we should know this, being her parents and all.

********

This morning she went to the moon. And back. And then to the moon one more time. There are monsters there and she would be lonely if we didn't come too, so she shared her helmet (a Mr. Potato head container).

********

"Honey cookies" do not have any honey in them. They are classic peanut butter cookies. She helped make them last night and discovered the ingredients.....She doesn't care. "I will still call them honey cookies, mama." Yup. Fine.

********

Last night the baby kicked her while she was cuddling me. So she sang her lullaby to my belly. It was so sweet.

********
In the morning I heard a funny little voice saying, "Mama, mama, mama," not in distress but singing......while Lil'Bug is supposed to be sleeping......so I peeked in her room:
"Well, actually, I was peeping like a baby bird. Listen. The baby birds outside are upset because daddy went to work and they miss him and their mommy is getting breakfast ready. They are lonely. Mama, were you getting me breakfast?"

4 comments:

  1. Very sweet and cute comments from Lil'Bug.

    Are you familiar with the MoonBear stories by Frank Asch? There are several moon-themed stories where the bear plays hide and seek with the moon, eats mooncakes, etc. Lil'Bug would probably enjoy them. They aren't the best written, but the pictures really carry the story.

    There is also the Little Bear (can't remember the author, but Maurice Sendak illustartes them)story where he goes to the moon in a cardboard box.

    Can't wait to see your self photo.
    LB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liv has been in that zone as well...where do they come up with this stuff? It blows me away to hear what she thinks up and how imaginative her play is. Crazy. And cute;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have the Little Bear series! Her favorite. I will look for Moonbear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so cute. OK, you've inspired me to do a quick blog on my youngest's random sayings. Hope we have good weather this week. I have my chair back now!

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.