Thursday 6 March 2008

Purple Soap

We get our bath soap from Amy at the Foil Hat. I've been tempted to try Soapchix Seredipity or even our local Prairieland Herbs, but I really like Amy's soap and why mess with something good?

When we arrived home from our day outing there was a package on the porch.

Let me start out with this little known fact: Seriously. I have not gotten my tot to take a bath without a struggle for the past month. It has been a stinky time. Even if I get her in, she sometimes jumps out before I can get her hair washed. We maybe get her scrubbed down and actually clean every 3 days or so. That's pretty good I think.

Today, when we got home from our outing there was a box waiting for us on the porch. She said it must be for her and took it inside, opened it up, and sorted all the soap all out on the table. Too cute, but there's more.

She found the bar of purple grapefruit. She smelled it. She looked up at me delighted and exclaimed it was time for a bath. (Thank you Amy!)

As she got into the bath with 1/4* of the bar of precious purple soap, she declared that when bath time is over she needs to write a thank you note to the lady who made the purple soap. Seriously, could this be the same terror tot that tore apart my house in under 20 minutes and managed to find and roll in every mud puddle at every park even during the summer drought? She arranged it in her own soap dish and set her bath crayons next to it.

Also, my bathroom now smells heavenly. I love grapefruit, she loves purple. Tot emerged from the bathwater clean by her own volition and bath time lasted more than three minutes. I actually got some laundry done.

*I cut the full bar in 1/4 sections so it lasts through her dropping and losing it in the bath water. It is also easier for her to handle.

The bar at the faucet is the amazing kitchen soap made with hazelnut and coffee grounds. It gets the garlic and pepper oils off of our hand like (almost) nothing else ever has PLUS doesn't smell like a dead hippie. Oh, and it smells soooooo good.

7 comments:

  1. mmmm, purple grapefruit soap sounds so yummy! Glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I,too, have thought that maybe I should try some other soap, but then I quickly dismiss it- I have been buying Amy's soaps for over 2 yrs now, why change a good thing?

    I cut the bars in halves at our house- I share a lot of the soap with my mama, and we like to have several "flavours" going at the same time.

    And just for fun- how do you know what a dead hippie smells like?!?! ;-)LB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dead hippie? That's another blog altogether. I don't actually mean dead, but rather smelling like rot.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "doesn't smell like a dead hippie" made me laugh my you-know-what off!

    I have been wanting to order some designer soap and now you've pushed me closer to the edge.

    So cute that your little one was so into the soap that she demanded a bath!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our move to the soap with all identifiable ingredients was my family's allergies. Bonus that they feel and smell so good!

    We changed laundry soaps too. Working on that still.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, you didn't say "Old Hippie", so I am not insulted.

    I'm so sorry you had that nasty flu. My 20yo daughter had it for a full week. I'm glad you're feeling better.

    I must check into that soap! Does it make adolescent boys want to bathe? I'll take it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The 'dead hippy' comment killed me (no pun intended)! Ashley and I are constantly asked if we have patchouli soap and that's just something we cannot, in good conscience, make ourselves make.

    Love the thank you note idea--proof that she has good taste and good manners. :) Soap and bath bombs also bring out the best in Sassy, and she has her collection by the tub, too.

    I don't begrudge anyone their soap--it's nice you found something so wonderful for your family!

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.