Thursday 6 March 2008

Thank You For The Well Wishes

I am still sick, but at least now I am semi-functional.

Yesterday, I had a scary bout of dehydration which led to Braxton Hicks contractions. I was pretty calm about it since I knew it was dehydration. I tried to get fluids to stay down. I called my husband. He came immediately home from work with movies, soda, and then he tucked me into bed and spent the day with Lil'Bug. I slept, I woke and sipped Sierra Mist, I slept some more.

I am still sick today, still have bloody nose and sneeze attacks, a slight headache BUT now I can eat and walk around. I big belly is sore, but I expected that.

Lil'Bug was so very patient and good through this all. I decided today to take her out to the Science Center. We spent the whole day there, did all the project stations, ate lunch, played with friends, and then saw Spiderwick on the IMAX. I got more rest than I might have at home.

Dear Husband called and is taking us out to dinner so I don't have to cook or clean. Whoo hoo!

Oh, and we got a package in the mail when we got home. The contents get their own blog entry. :)

2 comments:

  1. What a relief that you're doing a little better! For the nose bleeds you might try good old saline nasal spray. Iain get horrible nose bleeds every winter and this year we began daily squirt of nasal spray and he only had two incidents! Try it!

    Yay for your hubby! What a good man!

    I cannot wait to read about the contents of your package, either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am glad you are feeling better! That sounded very icky. Can't wait to read about the package. I love good mail days.
    LB

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.