Thursday 6 March 2008

My New Bag

I am not a purse person. I hate carrying stuff in something removable- I prefer deep pants pockets. Sadly, this just will not work for the things I tote in my role of mother. Try as I might to fit an extra pair of shoes and outfit for Lil'Bug into my pants pockets.......and yes, she needs these wherever we go. No, not potty issues. Mud, water, slush issues. My kid has the park day nickname The Muddy Hippo because of a stunt she like to pull.

Then there is my camera. The bag the camera came with broke. I wasn't really happy with it anyway. It had no interior padding or support for the camera and no pockets for stuff and the only was to close it was a flap closed with two plastic buckles (the part that broke). Stuff would bounce out. So I bought a better bag. Three ways to secure the top closure, decent padding inside, water resistant (see note about tot above), and camo green. I care not for fashion and was not willing to wait another week for blue or black. Bah.

Also, no water bottle holders. Right. That sounds like a good idea: water bottle + expensive electronic stuff + me = not a good thing, even a little bit. No cell phone holder either, but that is why I have pants pockets!!!!

I am very happy with my new bag. It may not be couture, but neither am I. Most of the time I am worrying about stuff to get rid of, stuff to downsize, stuff that clutters. It's not often that I get to spoil myself with such a luxury purchase. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.