Sunday 2 March 2008

Egg Roll Recipe for the Wondering Christine

I got the original recipe from AllRecipe Best Egg Rolls Ever
  • 1 pound ground pork
  • 1 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 3 (or more to taste) garlic cloves crushed
  • 1 quart peanut oil for frying (important oil- affects the taste)
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 2 tablespoons water
  • 2 cups shredded cabbage (we like red, but regular works too)
  • 2 ounces shredded carrots
  • 8 (7 inch square) egg roll wrappers
  • 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (optional)
I also use curry sometimes. I love curry. I mash it in with the garlic and the pork. Go to the above link for the directions on assembly. The only difference is that I prepare the eggrolls ahead of frying and keep in the fridge until ready. I'm just not fast enough at assembly to roll and fry at the same time.

Also, I did not get these made last week. Life conspired. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.