Friday 14 March 2008

Cool Music

I was at a friends house last month and she had the neatest music mix playing. I asked her about it and she shrugged and said it's just the Internet. I pressed on, what station? I-tunes?

Nope. Pandora. The music genome project. You type in an artist you like and through a complex equation based on sound, genre, etc they match up other artists and songs that are similar and Poof! a radio stream that plays only music that you like! I have found so many new artists that I want to order BUT I also now have a nice background music for my day.

I have 5 different stations going right now for my varied tastes.

Oh, and it is FREE! You have to register after a trial period, but it is still free. My techie Dearest Husband approved the registration as not being a security harm. :)

So, I had to share this with you all. (Especially Heather K. who is looking for music to play in labor.)

8 comments:

  1. Ooh thank you. I am going to have fun with this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone else mentioned this to me recently! I have yet to check it out but it sounds like a really cool idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grr. I went to start an account and found that my husband has one. We have completely different tastes in music so I will have to have my own account.

    It is going to just kill him to have to listen to my music when I'm in labor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds kinda awesome. cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey!

    Can you email me? I want to add you as a friend at Pandora.com if you'll let me!

    evie

    ReplyDelete
  6. My DH loves loves loves his pandora radio now. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, this is great! Thanks for sharing it!

    I previously listened to Musicovery - www.musicovery.com which works similarly, but bases your choices on mood and genre. It's good for when you're looking for something completely obscure you may have otherwise never heard of. But I think this one might be better :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for listening to Pandora, "Mama" and others!

    How exciting that Heather K. might use Pandora during labor. :) We've heard of a couple of babies born to the sounds of Pandora, and we love it!

    Let me know if you need any station recommendations.

    - Lucia, from Pandora

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.