Wednesday 2 January 2008

Baby Update!

We had our monthly (17 week) appointment Monday and all is well. Weight gain is acceptable, though I first weighed with a full bladder and bulk sweater so a second weigh at the end showed more what our home scale was indicating. Then it occurred to me that I don't know how much I am supposed to be gaining, just what is not acceptable. I will look that up today. BP is great, everything else checked out, AND we had an ultrasound. Why? Because I like them. I know and understand why many women are vehemently opposed to them, but I like seeing the baby squirm and wiggle and I like to know everything is ok. Everything is ok! Also, now we know which name group to pick from. ;)

It is a little early to say 100% sure, but the tech said her bet is on girl! (There's no extra stuff.) Lil'Bug gets a sister! It's what she wanted for her birthday and every wish she's made since.

Now for the name game at Chez Podkayne. Same as what we did for Lil'Bug. We'll debate and look through our favorite fiction and botanical books and shout names at each other randomly over a period of months and then one day we will turn to each other and say at the same time, "How about ____?" and then, "Yes! That's it!" in a chorus. We just have to wait for that moment.

When I get my camera back, I'll try and post a belly photo. I'm getting big already! OH AND NEAT FACT: 17-19 weeks is one of the biggest growth spurts in the little one's life! (Could explain the migraines I've been getting......) Baby is kicking and dancing a lot this week. I started playing They Might Be Giants though the ipod tucked in my waistband. She seems to like it!

6 comments:

  1. congratulations on another pretty little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats great! Everyone should have a sister! I know I love mine. Can't wait to see the pics.

    Love. Aunt Bee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when you say things like that Beezer! I'm glad I wished for a sister when I was little too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! What a wonderful post! I cannot wait to see belly pics! Nothing I like better. I am so glad things are going well.
    And don't even bother worrying about how much weight to gain- your baby and body will dictate just the right amount.
    Hugs!
    LB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah for a girl and yeah for They Might Be Giants! This reminds me of their song "Sensurround." Do you know it?

    Congrats on the good check up.

    Marin

    ReplyDelete
  6. You bet I know it! My husband has everything and more of TMBG- concerts, bootlegs, etc. AND he plays them all the time. I couldn't help but be a fan! LOL

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.