Thursday 24 January 2008

Totally Awesome



Wow. I feel all warm and cozy. Evie at The Road Less Traveled gave me this award! Now to pass it on......harder since many, many of my favorite bloggers have already received this award and I'm not supposed to duplicate. I've been mulling over how to do this for days now. Do I just post my blogroll? No, too lazy. Agh. I know I will leave someone wonderful out, but I'll do my best!

Mama B. at My Little Soap Box: in real life and in blogdom she inspires me to think and to homeschool in ways I had not thought of on my own. In my unschooly world, she is a well trained mind.

Needleroozer at Turtleworks: An artist. She inspired me to get creative again, and despite my puttering, keeps me at it. Until I get the box off the counter and in the mail to her (I will, maybe when it's not so cold!) I hope this award shows my appreciation!

Evie's Incredible Shrinking Whimsigal: Oh, the food. Yum. You all should try her mushroom soup. Also, I could never fry an egg before. I know. Weird.

Laura at LifeDreamed: Another local friend and unschooler of a little. Honestly, her friendship came at a time when I really needed it. Our kids adore each other, despite the age gap. Also, yay!, she's due in August! We'll have summer babies together (I'm in June).

Anna Kiss at
sugar boot and weasel: She's a poet too. I'm getting back into my groove and writing poetry- one a day in February. I totally bombed at NaNoWriMo. I didn't even get started. This I can do! Oh, and she's in Ohio. My hope is that I'll get to meet her when we move there.

Montucky Rox at South of the Bridgers: She posts rarely, but when she does it is usually something I need to reflect on at that very point in my journey. She's actual family, a precious and rare commodity. She has helped me through some pretty tough times and transitions AND she unschooled her young ones before life had other plans for her. I never knew that before this summer and it certainly made our connection feel deeper.

Kip at 24 piece set: Rox's middle one in NE, my second cousin. I recently found his blog and reconnected through that. The Internet is so cool! So is Kip's art, BTW.

Sarah at The View From Here: She is very conservative and religious. Sometimes I need to connect with that too. She also is a wealth of knowledge (and products) on natural parenting and that's awesome too. She's had a tough year, full of loss and hurting. A constant reminder to me to be more gentle with people, as we don't know what they are going through. Despite everything, she has still inspired many and continues to do so.

Christine at Welcome to My Brain: The pastor's wife. She cracks me up. She's sexy and nurturing and a whole lot of other stuff too. She has an awesome weekly Magic Milk o'the Week picture series- a major thing in breastfeeding advocacy. She's also got a crazy beautiful family and is about to add more to her brood. All that and she homeschools too!

KMDuff at Stuff About The Duffs: She's just like the rest of us, working towards gentleness, unschooling, raising kids, AND she writes about it too. She's in a warm locale- I often visit her blogs and think about flip flops in February. I've never worn flip flops in my life (web toe power and all). Mostly I love getting ideas from her. Her kids are much like Lil'Bug in interests.

I know. I left off the list some really great blogs- but the rules say only ten!

9 comments:

  1. Wow! Thank you so much! Even though I am not blogging regularly, and don't feel like I deserve it, thanks! Now to think about whom to pass it on to!

    I remembered about the package this week, but wasn't going to say anything about it, with your sweet big belly, and all the snow. I am sure whatever it is, I will love it whenever it gets here! And hey, I still have something I need to finish making that I was supposed to get to Mama B back when I was her secret pal, almost 2 yrs ago, so you are in good company,lol.
    Hugs,
    LB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh ... my ... cow! I'd like to thank my mom, who taught me how to fish and throw a football ... my agent, who will never realize my full potential ... my husband, who knows I'm a sexy lover, because I remind him on a regular basis (his least favorite being when I mouth it during one of his sermons) ... and finally, to the creative genius behind My Total Perspective Vortex. You have made me what I am today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thanks! Where in Ohio are you moving to? We'll definitely have to hang out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the mad props, and inspiring posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anna- we're moving to the Columbus area. DH will work out of Grove City but we want a farm, so we are looking south of GC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're in Cleveland, but often visit family in Dayton and Columbus is right in-between. When do you move?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, thanks MamaP! :) I feel so warm and fuzzy inside! Woohoo! :)

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.