Wednesday 16 January 2008

Good Thing Too

It was a good thing we did a little day. Around 4pm, Lil'Bug asked me to read to her about Owls and then she fell asleep. Slept until about 8pm, woke up with a fever. Then she was up at full speed until midnight. Today, all better. AND she's back to her normal self, no fits, odd bouts of crying, or unreasonable stuff. Though, she's picked up a few choice words (frickin', OMG, and darn it all- oh, yes, mama is an expert potty mouth as you can tell) from her week as a terror tot- thanks to Mama and Daddy's frustration no doubt.

The snow has started in earnest, just as the weather people said it would. I tend to not trust them. Three days ago they said, "No significant snowfall, less than one inch." Last night, "3-5 inches over Wednesday night...." AND now, "5-8 inches!" Hmph. We will see.

I have company coming at two so I must finish packing up the Christmas acouterments and vacuum like a mad woman! I'm off!

3 comments:

  1. Ooo, snow of measurable amount! Here in Virginia the same system blanketed our yard in white in the morning and was gone by evening.
    5 - 8 inches would be SO exciting here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have the opposite problem. You can't trust the forecasters when they claim we'll get something. Tomorrow we're supposed to get 1-3" but I'm not believing it until I see it. Of course I HAVE to go get milk today so I'll be battling all the maniacs who go to the store under the threat of snow.

    Take it easy with the cleaning, friend! Vacuuming used to kill my back when I was pregs.

    Glad to hear that Lil'Bug is doing better today!

    evie

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.