Sunday 20 January 2008

Connection

My entry. Pretty simple and not what I was looking for all week, but it has layers. Lil'Bug is playing with magnetic bug parts to build a mega bug. She knew all the different parts, both the bug they come from and the part of the bug body. There were other kids and they would all trade parts based on need and design. She was very intent.

On the sidelines, there was me. I was feeling anything but connected that day until a friend called and invited us to go to the Science Center. I connected with her in a long emotional talk that left me feeling very relieved about many things. I really enjoy her company. It also helps sometimes to talk things out that are stirring inside. Usually when asked about a certain topic, I make vague statements and change the subject, but that particular day I just said what happened. Just plain and simple and straight, I finally felt like I could. (Now here I am being vague, ironic). It was a huge relief to do so and it was like standing up for myself. Instead of pulling away from the community, I felt plugged in and respected for my choice. Part of the give and take. Connected.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.