Tuesday 8 January 2008

Fleeting Moments

We made cream cheese frosting for raspberry filled cupcakes (will make those in the morning). Yummy.

She washed her own hair today with an entire bottle of shampoo. I had to rescue her when she couldn't get a clean rinse or open her eyes. It looked like she'd been blue slimed. I'm not sure it all came out, but she sure smells good!

Lil'Bug asked me if she could use my phone to call her friends so they'd come over and play. She proceeded to trash her room and THEN she asked me to take her to the mall. How fast they grow up. When I said, "No," she waited patiently until Daddy came home and asked him.

Of course he said, "Get your shoes, let's go!" Sigh. On the way out she said, "Mama, I just needed attention. I'll clean my room when I get home." ROTFL

She did many things today. Too many to count. All said and done, we had a really good day today, but she earned the title: Tornado Tot!

3 comments:

  1. Oh yummy! Can you share your reciepe for raspberry filled cupcakes?

    Sounds like you had a fun day today! :) I find these types of similar experiences challenging and rewarding all at the same time. It seems like your Lil'Bug is so sophisticated for being so little. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. It's the Cook's Illustrated best recipe for yellow cupcakes with our own raspberry jam (red raspberries in a 1/1 ration with sugar boiled). This is Lil'Bug's idea: when the cupcakes are cooled, cut a slit in the top and squeeze the jam into the cake. I like the cream cheese frosting with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fleeting these moments oft' are, yet so wonderful and what an impression they leave. Your post made me laugh out loud, and finally I get to see a pic of your lil'bug. how precious.

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.