Monday 10 November 2008

Update Monday

So far, Hobbits urine is still showing sugar, but his blood work is completely normal. This in itself is strange, since usually sugar is in both if present in one.

He wouldn't take a treat at the vet. He's lost 3 pounds since our last visit (last week). He's dehdrated, so they have him on fluids right now. An x-ray shows something in his stomach, so either he's not digesting food at all and the tiny bit he ate over the weekend is just sitting there or there is something obstructing. So they are doing a barium x-ray and keeping him overnight.

An obstruction makes sense. It's not easy to fix, but it makes sense. I hope the vet figures this out. Soon. I want my hyper, loving, obnoxious dog back. I will even let him sleep on the end of the bed now.

3 comments:

  1. Keep us updated. My thoughts are with him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really weird! I wonder what the poor guy ate? I am taking my doggy to the vet soon and to dog training. I am excited. I hope Hobbit will be o.k. We'll be thinking of him!

    ~H

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure hope he is ok.
    Funny, isn't, how much we come to love our crazy, annoying, fur-shedding beasts, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.