Tuesday 11 November 2008

34 days

34 days until the farm is ours. That is amazing to me. I feel like that 9th month of pregnancy all over again, nesting, eating, pacing.

Add to that my worry and tears over my poor dog Hobbit and two very upset little girls who don't understand what's wrong with their pup. I wish I understood or had answers for them.

In the meantime, laundry still has to be done, meals put on the table, and clothes sorted for winter. Packing should begin soon as well. I am waiting on that, since we don't know exactly when we will actually move. Closing is mid December, but the family who lives there may rent from us for a bit, the weather could turn nasty, or the holidays could get crazy. Life happens, but we are blessed with patience and options.

I am tired today. It's sleeting. Blueberry has slept all day and Lil'Bug is ancy. I think we will head out soon to look for play sweaters and long pants for Lil'Bug. She grew again. Kids do that I suppose.

Also, Dearest stopped by at lunch time with a Starbucks Pumpkin Chai iced latte. Yum. Also, he did that instead of hanging out with the guys at our favourite local Deli. Why? Because I am so anxious and sad and he knew I needed a hug. I am very lucky to have his love and support.

3 comments:

  1. Your new farmhouse is so beautiful! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you are feeling anxious and sad. Trusting those feelings will pass and the joy of all the wonderful treasure and prosperity that surrounds you, washes away those darn blues.

    Sharing the human experience, aren't we?

    Thanks for sharing,

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally found my way over to say hello. Was tickled to see you pop in on our blog recently, thanks for stopping by : )

    Your countdown is nearly over and I totally understand the pacing aspect! Suddenly it will be here, and the time will just have flown by.

    Good luck with your Hobbit...we'll think healthy dog thoughts for him.

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.