Wednesday 19 November 2008

Good Things

Just a quick update.
Good things:
  • Hobbit is slowly recovering. We had (have) to change our routine a bit and baby him a bit more and the medication schedule is rigid (I am so not used to anything being scheduled and inflexible), but we are adapting.
  • Propane tank is not as expensive as we planned for AND the place we found has excellent customer service. (Thank you Blue Gate!)
  • Insurance policy in progress. That was harder than it had to be. Seriously. Why does State Farm have excellent agent service and crappy claims service? Anyway....State Farm it is.
  • My Aunt Deedle is coming from Texas for Thanksgiving! Yay! (Also, preparing for family drama that everyone says will not happen. Is everyone is apparently ignoring reality and living in a fantasy world of flowers and peaches? Seriously.) Keeping my humor about.
  • Found a Kung Fu class Lil'Bug can take! (Thank you Julia!)
  • Shepards Pie with lamb for dinner tonight.
  • Playdates.
  • Called insurance company. Good thing I did. Hospital submitted the forms wrong. Bills owed 800$ less than we were actually billed. This is not the first time this has happened. I now call and verify every single one of my bills, first insurance then origin. Sometimes it is one or the other, but it has only been right once (Anesthesiologist). I will be sad to change insurance companies in January though, because even though there have been so many mistakes, they have always worked to correct them and have been really REALLY nice about it.
  • MidAmerican gave us another 4 digit refund! (Which in turn paid for the boiler repairs, ironic that the way I saved so much money is what broke the pipes.)
So that's life here. I'll post pictures a bit later. I have medication to wrap in dog treat and a load of diapers to wash and fold before I loosen the compost bin and transport it to our afternoon playdate.

3 comments:

  1. Oof. The busy-ness sounds familiar!
    I keep seeing other's posts on Still, and think, Well, maybe I'll do S T I L L in a couple of weeks, or when I'm not enjoying the Create! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo, do tell me about the kung fu class. I found one for preschoolers at the WDM Community Center, but it's on evenings that don't work with our schedule.

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.