Thursday 19 July 2007

What others must think of us

What others think of us....

Yes, I am a professor. I teach English Literature and Composition at our local community college. I love it. It does not pay very much but it allows me to stay at home with Lil'Bug. I also love teaching and learning. I put a lot of hours in and I still care about most of my students as individuals. I am not the one up in the Ivory Tower, though I did study those while I was in school. Sometimes I bang my head on the table in frustration, but I have learned to move my coffee first. :)

Every semester is different, but similar. This summer semester I have many more papers to grade than usual and trying to keep up with that task is quite a feat. Perhaps the thing that is out of whack is the amount of money we spent on my education versus my earning potential as an online adjunct English professor. Doesn't matter. Raising and educating my daughter is the most important job I could ever do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.