Tuesday 17 July 2007

Another sleepless one


I'm not sure why it is I can't sleep this week. It is making me cranky, or as a friend put it, "A freakin' ray of sunshine..." Indeed, a massive ball of incandecent gas, a gigantic nuclear furnace. Oh wait, that's the actual sun, I'm just radiating from it.

Today we had a great play date, a disaster of a dinner, and a wonder filled bedtime for Lil'Bug, but goodness it is HOT! Somehow I must have turned off one of the AC units so as to better hear my guest, but that was a terrifically bad decision. Now it is sweltering.

I am thinking of ways to not just bore relatives and friends with what we had for lunch, so to say, on this blog. Ideas are welcome. So far I have found the Homeschool Carnival (County Fair) (Thanks to lurking Christine for that link! I had seriously never even heard of it!) and a suggestion from a student situation to blog about the reality of homeschool socialization versus what people perceive. Also, yes, I still have Angie's Chai brewing and will post it soon. Any other ideas? Anything any of you ever wanted to know about me?

And lunch? The other day we made Mac N' Cheese from scratch. When I was busy shredding cheese, Lil'Bug made a tower out of stuff. The original had more glass items and was much taller, but that met the rather predictable ending while I searched for camera and then batteries.

3 comments:

  1. OK--maybe I'm boring, but I do like to hear about lunches. That's how I get ideas for our concoctions...I mean meals. Also, I remember a main ingredient in your chai was cardamon (sp?). Instead, I bought coriander. Not the same thing, I understand. So now I need something good to use coriander in as well. So, get on it woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had fun. We also came home to a very hot house. I turned the air off before we left ane it was toasty. What happened to dinner? It looked so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dinner? I timed the potatoes wrong AND I think the food processor actually did turn them into cement. Also, I don't care what Cook's Illustrated said: burgers just cannot come out right in a skillet. They were still bleeding after 12 minutes AND it took almost 30 minutes to get them actually done, but by then all the Jucy Lucy cheese had melted out and burned. Something else was wrong with the veggies and they tasted like rot gut.

    You asked!

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.