Sunday 8 July 2007

Seven Wonders, my version

The modern seven wonders list was just released. That got me thinking. How about a seven wonders of Iowa list?
Grotto of Redemption
ANY one of our remaining historic county court houses (the wonder part is that they are still there at all!)
Covered Bridges
Neal Smith restored prairie
Hamm House in Dubuque
the Newton Library Bronze Dragon
all of Allamakee county

What are your favorite Iowa places? What should be on the list that I missed?

*I really want you lurkers to have a say, I want to know who is reading here. :) Then I want to read your stuff too!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, delurking, someone's got to go first :)
    This has had me thinking a lot about the fact that I haven't seen much around my own state, like Maquoketa Caves, which I hear is awesome.
    I would put Eagle Point Park in Dubuque on there, it has an great view of the Mississippi River, and is particularly beautiful in the fall when the leaves start to change.

    Christine from IHE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the entire NE corner of Iowa is amazing, from Dubuque on up. :)

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.