Thursday 13 December 2007

Thurdsay Post 2

Thursday didn't go well at first. That's Ok. Parts of it were good.

Kitchen did not get clean, but got cleaner. Working on grocery list right now.

I fell on the ice outside and hit my back on a concrete step. Ouch. Not as bad as I thought it was going to be but I am sore. We went swimming and that was fun (likely helped with the potential for soreness factor too.) Then we went to Target to get snowboots BUT the women's selection is a)limited to sizes 9 & 11 and b)wimpy: would tear at the toe like all the other boots I have ever owned and c) $45! Agh. So I did not get boots. I did find some clearance shirts for Lil'Bug.

Then we met Dearest Husband and headed out to the mall to find real snow boots at the sporting goods store. This is my new favorite shoe store. They had awesome, comfortable, stylish, durable snowboots for women....in the clearance room! I got a pair for $30 IN MY SIZE. Black. Originally $100. (*remember Target? I paid $15 dollars less for better quality.) There were a pair of green suede Bjorns there too for $30 in my size but I passed only because I am cheap. ;) I tried on Gap Maternity jeans and the fit like a dream, even though they were not petite BUT again, I am cheap, and not paying $70 for a pair of jeans. I was happy enough to stomp around the mall in my new snowboots with my family.

Returned home and fell asleep. So, while I didn't get so much accomplished, the day was not a total write off.

1 comment:

  1. There is cheap and then there is thrifty. My husband and I wear the same size shoe so a couple years ago we bought one really good pair of snow boots and we share. We don't ever need them at the same time so why have 2 pair? As it is, they don't get used often.

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.