Sunday 23 December 2007

12 Questions of Christmas Meme


(I found this meme at minimemiors blog and decided to play along. )


1. Christmas is splendiforous. [fill in the blank with ONE WORD]

2. In memories, what was the best part of your Christmases past? Cream cheese pecan pie. One year I ate an entire pie before dinner and no one noticed but a neighbor who caught me and then brought forks and demanded I share. :) Since many of my Christmases were rotten in various ways, I like to remember good little details like that and this one.....:

3. Was Santa ever good to you? [describe how and what] ....my husband first kissed me on Christmas Eve 1996. :) That was the beginning of a different life for me- one where I am cherished, valued, and cared for. I knew this at that first kiss. There was just something very special about that night for me. The time between that Christmas and the next I had enrolled in college and had my first writing published.

4. Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, or both? Both. Family on the Eve and Santa in the morning. This year will be a bit complicated as Santa will visit Grandma's house and we'll head over there first thing.

5. Is there something you make each and every year? [craft or recipe] Yes. Peppersass cookies and Christmas cards. That's new to the past few years, but so much fun!

6. What are your favorite five[5] Christmas songs/hymns?
Let it Snow!- the Brian Setzer version
Santa's Got a Hot Rod- Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
The Grinch- version by Sixpence None the Richer
AND.....sung by our family on Christmas Eve:
Silent Night
Away in a Manger

7. Is there a new tradition for Christmas since your childhood days? We sing Christmas carols on Christmas Eve as a family. I love this. I can't sing but I love participating anyway. Nana plays the piano and Lil'Bug turns pages for her.

8. Describe one of your Christmas trips. [whether it's across town or across country] One Christmas day of 1999 we flew to Virginia to visit my favorite Aunt and Uncle. We stayed through what was also our 1st wedding anniversary in early January. I saw the Atlantic ocean for the first time and it was the last time I saw my Uncle.

9. Do you have a special Christmas outfit to wear for the day? Every year my MIL buys us all Christmas sweaters to wear. It is a special tradition for her and we honor that!

10. Have YOU or any of your family members sat on Santa's lap? My daughter! She thinks he's pretty cool. I think I might have as a kid. I don't remember.

11. What is/or will be on your Christmas tree this year? Stuff. Lil''Bug has been pulling off the plastic balls and gluing stuff to them. I used to decorate the tree, but she has way more fun so I let her do it. ;)

12. Do you/or have you decorated your yard for Christmas? I did at our first house. It looked like a little gingerbread house with lights. Too cute. I've always wanted to decorate here, but there are no exterior outlets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.