Monday 17 December 2007

Things We do for Fun

The comments on the Snow Day post got me thinking.......

No, I am not any good at snowboarding, pregnant or not, I just love doing it. I fall a lot, but I have tons of fun. I'm not any good at biking either, but I'll pedal my heart out. Singing too- totally tone deaf, but I'll belt it out anyway! I love to cook, but most of my end results are on fire, under/overcooked, or just plain taste nasty. Once Dearest Husband ended up in the ER with food poisoning. I still like to try and slowly I am improving (that's a different post all together....).

We have a saying at our house that Dearest Husband started: If it is difficult- go slower. That's just about it: slow down and think it out, pay closer attention, just practice. It is all wrapped up in that. Such wise words. We do lots of things for fun, not to be good at them. We love to learn new skills, new facts, new things to do.

Life is good. You don't have to be good at it to enjoy it. :)

5 comments:

  1. I love this pic! Please e-mail me a copy so I can frame it. I love reading your blog but I wish there was stuff on lil'bug and aunt Bee.

    -Aunt Bee

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you'd visit more there would be!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree. I always do things for fun. Most activities and games I love doing/playing I am horrible at. But, I enjoy them anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "if it's difficult, go slower"...that's so great!

    I love the line in the Indigo Girls song, "the best thing you've ever done for me, is to help me take my life less seriously, it's only life afterall!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do think people are so wrapped up in being the best that they forget to do things for fun. Wise words from the hubby. :)

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.