Friday 28 December 2007

New Year's Deep Cleaning

Spring cleaning is great BUT I am usually knee deep in grading papers in the Spring so this year I have decided to deep clean and organize right now for the new year. That way I can start the new year and the new semester our fresh and organized.

Here are the items on my list to tackle:
  • Put away fake tree and better label ornament boxes.
  • My office/craft room: need more baskets and hang some wall art (or baskets on the wall- neat idea I saw in Country Living, shhh.)
  • Lil'Bug's room: need room for all her new loot. Need to change out 2T to 3T clothes, pack and label the 2T crate. Hang her wall art. (Thinking about framing her art and hanging it....)
  • My bedroom: finish painting the trim, find (make?) better window treatments.
  • Paint hallway (fine, this has been on the to-do list since 2004.....)
  • Paint laundry room.
  • Paint hall, bathroom, and laundry room trim. Hang wall art.
  • .......(cue drums of doom) the north bedroom: right now a staging area for pre-packing and all other "stuff". Clean out, set up spare bed. Maybe paint the walls. Maybe. Hang wall art.
  • Then paint middle parlor. Oh yeah, find good colour for that room. Gah.
  • * edited to add * Stain and seal the hallway floor, wash curtains, and bedding.
  • Clean out car
  • Does it ever end? Gah.
(purple means done! Blue means in progress)

I'll post pictures as I tackle (um, if FIL will re-lend me his camera......). I have until January 7th (start of semester.....). Ok, that's sort of a fake goal since I teach online, but it helps to have a date in mind, eh?

Oh, my challenge to you? Post your to do list. Post updates when you get stuff done, pictures optional. You don't have to aim for Jan 7th, but if it helps......

Ok, broom, I'm off!

5 comments:

  1. Careful with all of that paint. Fumes you know.

    I'll be organizing our homeschooling efforts and celebrating another year with my husband. Then we are off to Illinois, I think, for a couple of days. I don't bother cleaning up too much. They just go behind me and mess it all up again. Maybe when I start nesting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I know about the paint fumes. I actually buy a brand of paint that is low fume AND my house is well ventilated if anything! ;)

    I have to be more careful with the alcohol based finish I will use for the hall floor, it can't touch my skin. Other than that most stuff, if not all, is ok for pregnant ladies to use. I checked when carrying Lil'Bug, got the specs and sent them to the genetics department in Iowa City. Seriously, I don't play around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, i am always making lists.. and declaring new year clean out, whether the new year is jan 1, oct 31,chinese new year, spring. hmmm.. deep cleaning is always good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm going to make a list and post it!

    This sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny you should post about this, I was having the exact same thoughts. The part that made me giggle though, is that you have the Prof. view and I have the "OMG I'm going to have so much studying to do that there will be no time!" student view. LOL. Happy cleaning. :)

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.