Wednesday 19 September 2007

There's a Little Birdhouse in my Soul 1

Last night was neat. We went to see They Might Be Giants in Iowa City. TMBG was the first band I heard when exiled at my aunts farm in CO at age 14 that was not Debbie Gibson or Madonna radio pop. I bought Apollo 18. Good stuff.

When I moved to Iowa at age 17 there was a high school radio station. One of the DJ's played Benny Goodman, the Violent Femmes. and TMBG right in a row. I drove down to meet this guy in Iowa who had my exact same musical tastes. He was really nice. I met him again on and off as friend of friends and such. 12 years later? We are married with one small tot.

So you see, TMBG runs deep in our family. Lil'Bug says Giants are her favorite band. I think new York City is one of the most beautiful love songs ever. My husband has almost every album ever including but not limited to the concert downloads from their website.

On to the concert.....

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you had a good time! I just read through all your posts about your fun night. How awesome that you were able to get some pictures of the bandmates and You! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it myself. I am also surprised that more people were not even trying. Lots were bootlegging concert video footage with their ipod and phones, but noone I saw went up to them and said, "Hey, you are so cool!"

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.