Monday 24 September 2007

My Center of Gravity

I woke up from nightmares last night and the anxiety has not yet subsided. I need to find inner balance and physical balance because we are ice skating this afternoon!

Why am I feeling so off? I am not sure. I didn't eat well over the weekend. I didn't sleep well either. I am very stressed out over the house and all that it entails. I am feeling a creative block lately as all of my creative energy has been tied up in the house for the last 9 years. Though I did remember that the phone call I forgot to make (the nagging feeling that I was forgetting something all morning) was to the vet for Kitty's check up and possible spay/neuter. Easy enough to remedy.

Also, planning a three year old's birthday party is not an easy feat. It should be easy. Park Day + Cake + Games = one happy tot. Right? No. Late October the weather may be too cold or rainy and park day is during the day and all family have day jobs except me. We have vetoed the house as a location. It is not even up for discussion. This makes me a little sad. Zoos, Science Centers, Chuck E. Cheeses....all too expensive. Not asking MIL. Not fair to her. GAH!!!!!!!!!! Why is it so freaking hard? Every birthday we've been to 'cept one has been at the family's house.

Any ideas?

6 comments:

  1. Have fun skating!

    Most of our birthday parties have been home ones - too expensive most places and the one at Chuck E. Cheese was pure hell. I can't even think of any other good ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me either. usually, I am the idea queen. My head is spinning.

    I'm about to blog about the skating. It was something else. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am having the same problem with K's birthday. his is in October and this will be his first one with children invited and then probably his last one with children until 10 (we save it for big numbers) and since it is in Jan i am worrying about how to do it (way to early to worry but everything is so expensive and thus i've started worrying early because i need to save). if i can fiqure something out for us i'll let you know. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had kids at last years and I hated it-but it was at home. This year was grandparents, my & Andrew's siblings and one friend only. It went way smoother. A birthday is so overwhelming as it is with the presents and sweets, then you add a bunch of kids, especially at our girls' age, and it can quickly turn into chaos. I know I am NOT a big pusher for McDonalds, but their playplaces are nice for cooler weather. I know Angie was talking about having Luke's party at the Y, too, which would be indoors. I don't know the cost if you aren't a member, but I can't imagine its too bad. I will keep thinking. This is a problem we will be having in the future as the baby is due in the lovely coming month as well...

    ReplyDelete
  5. We only have birthday parties in our own home. If your home isn't an option, can you have it at someone else's house? That is so easy and so inexpensive.

    I wouldn't bother planning games--just invite a few other kids and leave some toys out for them to play with.

    We encourage kids and their parents to hang out in our play room, but I put a handful of quiet toys in a different room so that a child can go there if it gets overwhelming/too stimulating in the play room.

    I wouldn't waste a lot of time planning and decorating for a three-year-old's birthday party. The kids will be happy with toys and cupcakes.

    Laurie B

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's not game planning or decorating that is stressing me out. That's easy.

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.