Tuesday 4 September 2007

Harry Potter Fan

I finally got to see Order of the Phoenix! It all started when the Target check out girl commented on my HP pajama T-shirt (hey now, surely others end up wearing PJ shirts to get groceries?) and I realized that the OP would be leaving the IMax soon..... so like a big dork still donning my HP PJ shirt I went to see it. I was amazed that soda and popcorn only totaled $4. I was overwhelmed at the Imax "experience" and annoyed when it stretched out faces and the like, but overall it was a good movie.

I like the book better. The movie paid tribute to some of the minor characters like Tonks and Kingsley but there was no attachment or character development and I think that will have to be addressed in the movies at some point since they are more important later. There were a couple other things left out that were important too, like Quidditch being canceled, the Centaur Divination teacher, and the like but it is just a movie. I do feel a bit sorry for people who will never read the books.

Here's to hoping there is a director's cut that is 6 hours long!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.