Monday 13 October 2008

Zoo Zoo, We're Going to the Zoo, You Can Come Too!

Last week we went to the Omaha Henry Doorly Zoo. A very cool zoo about two hours away from us. Dearest got tickets from a co-worker and off we went for the day. The above picture is from the new butterfly house; it is an owl. I kind of expected it to be like Blank Park's butterfly room, but wow, it was not anything like it. First of all there were actual butterflies. LOL.

This is the hatchling nursery. We got to see various stages of cocoons hatching and butterflies emerging. Some of them looked like seashells.

This is an aerial of the pygmy hippopotamus. Saying the word hippopotamus makes Blueberry giggle. Singing, "Armadillo in your pillow, armadillo, oh rock me armadillo," to the tune of that '80's song Amadeus makes her squeal with giggles. I am addicted to baby giggles and so I find myself singing that to her almost all day.

Try the water Dave. It's really real. (Sorry, I couldn't help myself......)

Every year we go, every year Lil'Bug wants to pose on the statues. Works for me!

2 comments:

  1. We went to our zoo last week.
    The penguins were actually swimming and scooting down the rocks, instead of standing there by the door waiting for food.
    That was nice to see! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are redoing the penguin exhibit at our zoo, but when we went on Monday, we had an intimate encounter with a porcupine- the more I see of them, the more I think Needleroozer is a great nickname for me.
    Fun photos.
    LB

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.