Tuesday 21 October 2008

Pumpkin Juice and Butterbeer

Those of you who know me locally, might know that I am a HUGE Harry Potter Fan. That said, one of the things that has intrigued me is that I have yet to find a cookbook with the recipes of the food mentioned in the book. While some of it is odd, most of it seems eatable and cookable.

Here are some of my favorite links online to inspired cooking. It is perfect for October!

Hogwarts Celebration:
Yumsugar
Butterbeer Recipe

So far, the cream soda/rootbeer mixed with butterscotch Italian soda syrup and clarified butter seems the most plausible to me, or rather the most palatable. I somehow don't think that JK intended it to me mixed with Schnapps or instant pudding (both of which I found in variations of butterbeer).

Pumpkin Juice is easy. Boil and puree pumpkin (just like apple or grape juice), season and sweeten to taste, and then chill to drink.

I am still bewildered as to why there is no official cookbook. I mean, there is every other merchandising junk theme out there, why not a cookbook? Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.