Monday 25 August 2008

Monday, Monday

Blah. I have the sniffles complete with sinus headache and scratchy throat.

I love Mondays lately. Despite my frustrating weekend, Monday leaves me with a clean house because Sunday morning we clean it as a family to prepare for Dearest to have band practice. Clean house is good. Usually I am also caught up with laundry because that's what Lil'Bug and I do while Dearest is playing music downstairs, but Blueberry was fussy last night and I still have about 5 clean loads to fold and put away.

Mondays are also free train rides for members at the zoo, wading pool park day, and a good day to go to the Historical museum (it used to be closed on Mondays so everyone thinks it still is).

With all of that available we will likely only go to the library today, clean out the car again, and try to buy an apple picking tool to prepare for our orchard trips. Very busy day.

Oh, and I'm going to attempt to make shortcake today.

Whew.

4 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmh, Historical Museum, eh? I need to check into that.

    Oh, and I'll have some of that shortcake, please. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was such a nice surprise to see you today! Have fun with that nail gun :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still having sinus trouble but gargling and sinus cleansing helps.

    Good luck! As soon as the rainy season hits the pollens will wash away. I will miss summer but not the ragweed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a simply divine way to spend the day!

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.