Friday 15 August 2008

Found!

A year ago I participated in a garage sale and tried to sell Lil'Bug's outgrown clothes. At that point I had no confidence that we'd get pregnant again, so I sold all the baby stuff (but for a few wishful thinking items). Not everything sold so it was labled and packed up for the next group garage sale.

Fast forward a year later: I have a 3 month old and she's growing fast. I emailed the mama who I thought stored my bins and she did not have them. Agh!

But another mama did. Yay!

So I've been sorting through Lil'Bug's baby clothes, just like I did a year ago but this time with no tears. Last time my heart was breaking thinking we'd never get pregnant again since Lil'Bug was a miracle anyway. This time I am merely regretting all the cute stuff that did sell and sorting by size and wear and season. I'm feeling a bit emotional anyway.

5 comments:

  1. Ahhh... how perfect is that? Have you shared the miracle story? I am intrigued...love happy stories!

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah!
    I had to go through baby stuff, today!
    My friend is having a garage sale, and I donated tons of baby stuff to her cause (nearly everything).
    It was a pretty sad thing.
    Isn't that wierd?
    Thank goodness I get to be home with my babes all the time.
    I can't imagine having them grow up while i'm not looking - it's bad enough as it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I regret giving away/selling as much as I did too, even though my daughter is now 8. I just had to keep getting rid of things, but now that we're supposedly having another girl I'm finding I wish I'd had more of those clothes (although the seasons probably wouldn't have lined up too well)! But its been fun ebaying and hitting the thrift stores to see what I can find for the baby...only thing is if its a boy he's gonna be wearing pink (although I'm sure I have boy stuff buried in boxes somewhere).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been able to part with any of Makena's baby clothes. We have an attic full of the things. I'm always holding out hope that we'll have another precious little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have yet to part with my baby stuff including my stash of cloth diapers because the last time I got rid of all my baby items, I ended up pregnant. Thus the giant gap between my 13 year old and my 7 year old.

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.