Tuesday 19 August 2008

Basil

First let me start out by virtually head-smacking myself and doing the big L sign on my forehead. I did a stupid thing. That's what this post is about.

This picture here is BASIL. I took the picture not to brag or document my lovely plant, but to email it to my husband to verify that it is basil so I could confidently add it to my first attempt at from scratch pasta sauce. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a noxious weed I was adding my lovely dinner. His co-workers got a giggle or two out of the overheard conversation. Hmph.nd

So, basil went into sauce and all was well.

Fast forward to today when the lovely Sarah and her clan visited and I was giving them the tour of the garden. My nervous habit of doing something while talking kicked in and I started pulling weeds that were among the plants as I pointed out the plants.

Guess what I did. Yup. I pulled up the basil. By accident. Gah. Oh and the spinach, the lettuce, and I left the weeds.

So I hung it up to dry thinking that I would get to it later. Yeah. No.

5 comments:

  1. Oy, I can so relate. No need to "L", or maybe you mean to make that an L for learning:)

    Thanks for sharing,

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Oh, now that's funny stuff. I would totally do something like that.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for having us over! We had lots of fun! Your house is amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so good seeing you today...I'll bring the cucs tomorrow. How many?

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah.
    sorry 'bout your basil.
    one of my favorite things!

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.