Thursday 7 August 2008

Her Corn Stick

We had Iowa State Fair Corn Dogs for breakfast. And pineapple whip (which is basically ice cream).

We missed being part of the world record, but we did get in for free and that was a major bonus. We saw dancers, a demonstration bee hive, horses, doll houses, a stage show with cavity goons and a dentist wizard, rode the sky lift thing (yikes), and played in the fountains. All before noon, when we headed home and I fell asleep with the girls.

Good times these. We plan to go back to see the animals on Saturday or Sunday.

Also, I took this picture with my old camera. I didn't want to lug the new one around with me since I was wearing Blueberry on the front, a diaper pack on my back, and holding on to Lil'bug's hand in the crowd. I can tell the difference. Boy oh boy am I camera spoiled. :)

Also, thank you all for the kind emails and comments. I do feel better today.

3 comments:

  1. We looked around for you. Sorry we missed you. Glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went yesterday and gosh it was so crowded and hot! Good thing you got there early and rested up afterward. You must have been beat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun! We haven't made it to the fair yet this summer.

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.