Thursday 18 October 2007

Nanowrimo

nanowrimo

National Novel Writing Month. 50,000 words in 30 days. Can I do it? Sure. I wrote my thesis in as long and it's longer. It may take some additional planning, but I can do it. It averages to 1,667 words a day. Easy peasy. Right. I plan to write a little and paint a little each day.

So here's my dilemma: which novel should I work on? Choices are as follows 1) The Bridesmaid's Guide to the Neurotic Bride and Her, um, Interesting Family. 2) finish Gen X'ers Guide to How to Use a Hammer 3) A murder mystery involving a dam break and a drag queen. 4) some other idea. Any idea. Suggest something. 5) an extension of a short story I wrote, a love story in the bayou. Lots of magic, folklore, and food in the mix.

I'll put the character profiles up prior to Nov. 1st so I am ready to go. I am thinking about creating a separate invite only blog and posting a chapter a day. Thoughts? Would anyone be interested in that?

7 comments:

  1. I vote for #5- the bayou love story. Love magic and folklore- reminds me of Charles DeLint.
    Hang in there, baby.
    LB

    ReplyDelete
  2. My vote is for #5 and I would welcome some new reading. I am afraid that I may be spending more of my pregnancy close to home than I had planned. :( Time for some good reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'd be interesting in reading anything you wanted to write.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool. Then I'll set up the invite only site and send you all and anyone who is interested the passcode. 1500 words a day, but remember.....it may not be any good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and I think I can insert my drag queen in anything I write. She's like the alligator of writer's block!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, drag queens are always good.
    LB

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.