Friday 19 October 2007

Friday Freewrite: Suprise!

I promised my students that I would do the Friday Freewrites too, since they are tortured weekly by having to, um, write for a writing class. Fair is fair. This week's freewrite is about how I would react to a surprise party that I knew about. Would I play along? Would I ruin it?

I would be really flattered if someone threw a surprise party for me, but I probably would end up canceling out on the pretend thing they'd try to use to get me there. I've been bad about that lately (sorry Heather!). Oh, but if I knew about it? Then I would just really fret about the social aspect, but I would play along. I would also buy a box of Stam's for the offending organizers!

Really, I'm not a fan of surprises. I like to know. I like to know just about everything I can about a situation before going in. As a youngster I used to map out how I thought phone conversations (topics, questions) were supposed to go before calling friends. I still hate calling people. If I didn't have email I'd never leave the house!

I will find out if the baby is a boy or girl if I can. I like to know as much as possible and there are so many unknowns in life. Some people say there are too few surprises left in life....I say good. I like to know.

2 comments:

  1. What are Stam's?
    I on the other hand, didn't find out what either of my babies were (though I had dreams in the third trimester and instinctively knew their sexes ((and their hair color, lol)) before hand) because I love surprises. Which is funny as I have a huge startle reflex- so I don't like it when people jump out and yell the surprise part. Funny how we are all so different.
    LB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stam's are the most wonderful chocolates in the entire world. I'm not kidding. They have stores in Amsterdam and in Iowa and that's it (though I heard they might be opening a branch in Georgia...)It's Dutch chocolate which is not as sweet as French and not as bitter as German.....just perfect. AND the do things with hazelnuts that are divine.

    ReplyDelete

A blog about farming, unschooling, feminism, 22q deletion syndrome, cooking real food, homesteading, permaculture, and motherhood.